HammocksHammocks were originally used by US Navy sailors as a bed. This was because hammocks move in sync with the movement of the ship, thereby lessening the intensity of jerks. Today, hammocks are used by people for relaxing outdoors and enjoying the weather on weekends or during holidays.
Hammocks: Features and Benefits
Hammocks may offer the following utilities:
- Some hammocks have mosquito netting for protection from insect bites.
- They may have pockets for easy storage.
- Some are specially designed for backpacking.
- They are typically made from light-weight materials.
- The elevated position allows cool air to circulate above and below the occupant, providing greater comfort.
- Suspended above the ground, a hammock is an exceedingly comfortable perch, as it allows a far greater distribution of the body weight than lying on a bed.
Hammocks: Styles and Fabrics at Our Website
We offer a wide range of hammocks of various styles and materials:
Spreader-bar - This variety has wooden and metal bars for spreading its width. Hammock hanging kits for you to hang anywhere from the wall, ceiling or on a porch and to ensure that it can support the weight capacity of the hammock.
- Mayan and Nicaraguan Hammocks - They are made from cotton or nylon strings and are hand woven to form a vented net. Normally available in bright colors.
- Brazilian Hammocks - These are hand made from cotton fabrics and are extremely durable. Popular in cold climate environment as they are not vented.
- Venezuelan - Also called Jungle Hammocks, they are made of breathable nylon or polyester using Dacron as their suspension lines.
- Travel/Camping Hammock - They are made of nylon fabric and generally contain mosquito nets and storage pockets.
- Olefin Rope Hammocks are more durable and generally expensive
- Cotton Rope Hammocks are the most comfortable hammocks, traditional and in-expensive. The rope is very soft, natural sand tone and varied thickness depending on strength.
- Nylon Rope Hammocks are better in weariness due to its moisture handling properties and more costly.
Hammock Sizes:Many hammocks come in a huge selection of colors, patterns, and sizes ranging from a one person for those weighing 250 - 350 lbs and two to three person for the one of 400 lbs - 600lbs. The dimensions vary from 3 to 14 foot across and 6 to 11 foot long for unslung hammocks.
Hammock StandsThey are also known as hammock frames and designed in various sizes and shapes. It provides sturdy support whenever you don't have trees or two points to hold the hammock. They are made of wood, stainless steel or aluminum. Stainless Steel frames are generally expensive and are rust resistant with very low maintenance. Many wooden hammocks required a varnish coating to main the looks more so if exposed to lots of sunlight.
Lying on a hammock is probably the best way to spend a relaxing Sunday afternoon. Providing incomparable comfort, these Beach hammock are bright, easy to carry and suitable for people of all ages